City of Enid

Applications are being accepted for vacancies on many of the City of Enid’s boards and commissions.

Vacancies exist on the following boards and committees:

  • Aviation Advisory Board
  • Construction Board of Adjustment & Appeals
  • Metropolitan Area Planning Commission
  • Enid Joint Recreation Triad
  • Park Board
  • Tree Board
  • Historic Preservation Commission
  • Enid Public Transportation Authority
  • Board of Adjustment
  • Vance Development Authority
  • Meadowlake Golf Course Advisory Board
  • Community Development Block Grant Funding Commission
  • ADA Access Board

Applications will be accepted until 5:00 P.M. local time on February 21, 2014.  It is intended that these appointments will be made by the Mayor and Board of Commissioners at their meeting of March 4, 2014.  The City Commission may, at its discretion, conduct interviews with applicants prior to such appointments.

Information and application forms may be obtained in the office of the City Clerk, Martin Luther King, Jr. Municipal Complex, 401 West Owen K. Garriott Road, Enid, Oklahoma, 73701 or by calling 580-616-7271.   Application forms can also be downloaded from the City’s web-site,

Route 60 Editor’s Note:
Also on the City web-site, you can learn more about the duties of each board and what processes they are actually involved with!  This page also has the application mention by the City of Enid above.  You can access that portion here:  Boards & Commissions .  I wholeheartedly encourage anyone with interest in the process to get involved.  It’s a wonderful experience and you can actually learn a great deal of how your local government function AND you can be a part of the process of helping shape your hometown!  I have done it for a few years now and would LOVE to see some Route 60 readers on boards!  Heck, maybe you’d be on a board with ME!